Chara Central
<a href=http://shirocoria.com/forum> Click here to go to the new forum! </a>
Check your e-mail, everyone signed in within the month of October had their accounts imported.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Chara Central
<a href=http://shirocoria.com/forum> Click here to go to the new forum! </a>
Check your e-mail, everyone signed in within the month of October had their accounts imported.
Chara Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC)

3 posters

Go down

A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC) Empty A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC)

Post by Avelyn Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am

The Story

In the closing years of the Old World, the city of Aurora was just beginning to get its footing in the world. New advances in technology have begun to turn the once small town into a trade hub, and the people are beginning to turn away from their old magic as technology makes their lives easier. However, there are beings in this city more attuned to magic than normal humans that feel the influence of an ancient and evil magic.

There is an old legend that speaks of a mirror that peered into the mind of its user and showed them the fruition of their wildest dreams. For many, this mirror became a symbol of hope and inspiration, but in the eyes of a cult of mages working in the evil magic known as the Taboo Arts, this mirror had the potential to be a tool of great power. They used their magic on the mirror to turn it into a portal to take them to a new world where they could reign as kings and queens, but when they did, they and the mirror disappeared without a trace.

There are some who not only believe this legend to be true, but that this mirror could return, and very soon. Most think nothing of these individuals' preachings and some even think them heretics, but these magically-attuned men and women truthfully believe what they say, because they have seen the signs...

Logistics

The Setting
Spoiler:

The Populace
Spoiler:

The Conflict
Spoiler:

The Rules
Spoiler:

The Characters
Profile for humans:
Spoiler:
Profile for non-humans/magic humans
Spoiler:

Accepted characters:
Jet Ohms | KlintEdgemon
Grace Anderson | Luneraga
Ame Kuro | Avelyn
Mizo'miih | Avelyn

Last edited by Avelyn on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Avelyn
Avelyn

Back to top Go down

A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC) Empty Re: A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC)

Post by KlintEdgemon Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:30 am

Name:Jet Ohms
Race:Magic Human
Element:Lightning and Light
Abilities: he can convert mana to lightning and vice versa. ability to concentrate electricity and release it in a shot( not able to shoot our constant bolts), and ability to teleport across lite areas but cannot teleport across of shadows.
Appearance: Medium length Wild blue hair and dark blue eyes. He around 6ft4 and has a lanky build. He wears standard teenage clothing: when it is hot he wears either a T-shirt or and A-shirt, shorts, and sneakers. When moderate he wear a hoodie, blue jeans and black combat boots
History:From a broken family filled with horrible mom and little sister(I would use B-word but I don't know how you feel about cursing) after his father disappeared "mysteriously" he left home earning money by doing odd jobs to build his Electronics repair store/garage where he uses his magic discreetly to fix just about any gadget or vehicle.
Other:High intelligence and average strength.

Last edited by KlintEdgemon on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
KlintEdgemon
KlintEdgemon

Back to top Go down

A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC) Empty Re: A Twisted Reality (Registration/OOC)

Post by Avelyn Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:53 am

I see no problems here.
Also, hee, I just realized the pun in your guy's name~ x>
Accepted!

Question, though: I've heard of a t-shirt... but what's an a-shirt? o.o
And I have no problems with swearing, so don't worry about that, haha.

I'll post up my characters after class today. :>

EDIT
Wait, shit, I just realized I mentioned that Mind is the only element magically-attuned humans can have.
That seems a bit unfair though - I'll change it now.
Carry on. :>
Avelyn
Avelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Luneraga Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:50 am

Name: Grace Anderson
Race: Therianthrope aka werewolf
Element: Shadow
Abilities: 1) able to bend them into a shield and/or weapon 2) can conceal herself in shadow 3) can move the shadows
History: She grew up in a middle class family that owned and ran a small book store. Her parents died when she was 15 in a suspicious accident. She is a bit irked about it and is constantly watching for clues. In the mean time however she is just running her parents shop.
Other: her hair is white and her eyes are teal with a shadowy pupil.

(Sorry its short I'm typing on my tablet )
Luneraga
Luneraga

Back to top Go down

Post by KlintEdgemon Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:13 am

oh an A-shirt is the real name for a guy's tank top (aka wife beater) xD
KlintEdgemon
KlintEdgemon

Back to top Go down

Post by Avelyn Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Accepted, Diz.
:>

Here're my characters - I don't think they're done yet, but I may as well post them now while I have the ideas written down. :>

Name: Ame Kuro
Race: Magically-attuned human
Elements: Mind, Light
Abilities:
Astral projection - Ame is able to project her ethreal spirit to any location within a 2-mile radius of her body's location. While projected, Ame looks and acts exactly like her normal self, but in the meantime her body is unconscious. Undisturbed, Ame can maintain this projection for a maximum of five minutes, but if either her body or her projected form are attacked, the projection fails.

Telepathy - Ame is able to speak to others through her mind by creating a mind link with them. This is easily done with other telepaths; with non-telepaths, eye contact is required and the link can only be kept for a few minutes at a time.

History: Born to a long lineage of witches and seers, Ame has spent her entire life around magic. Because of the strict laws against magic in the city, Ame's parents often took her out into the forest to train her to use her magic effectively. She learned quickly, and over the years her love of magic grew. At 16, she found her first arcane artifact, and her find sparked a passion that would become her livelihood. She and her father opened up an antique shop two years later, and she continues to run it to this day, even after her father's death another six years later.

When she was 25, Ame was out on the town doing some errands when she passed the shop that sold captured Animagius as servants. She stepped inside and found a cute cat by the name of Mizo'miih. After reading the kitten's information, She decided Mizo'miih would be a useful servent to have around the shop - as well as a cute companion. She bought the Animagius and took her home, and the two have been together since.

Other: Because of her great love of arcane artifacts and legends, she can sometimes come off as crazy, but she knows what she's talking about.

Name: Mizo'miih
Race: cat Animagius
Element: Body
Abilities:
Hyper Jump - After charging and concentrating enough energy, Mizo'miih is able to spring herself over distances of up to 50 yards at speeds nearing 75mph. She can use this ability to jump large gaps and scale tall obstacles. However, this ability takes several seconds of uninterrupted concentration to work, and Mizo'miih cannot use it in quick succession.

Shield - Mizo'miih is able to manifest her magic into a small shield to protect her. The strength of this shield is greatly limited, but it is enough to lessen the force of any blunt-force blows that happen to come her way or deflect small projectiles.

History: Mizo'miih was born one of a litter of four Animagius kittens in the forest far north of Aurora. Hers was a nomadic family, and because of it she spent much of her life traveling the forests of the country and seeing the sights. The only thing she didn't get to see was the city, and so when she came of age that was the first thing she set out to see. The first city she found after a few weeks of searching was Aurora, and she went in to explore it... and before she knew it, she found herself captured by Animagius hunters and tossed into a shop with a price tag and a strange collar slapped on her.

She spent several months in that shop, crying and struggling to escape, when she met a strange woman by the name of Ame. The woman seemed to take a liking to her, because she paid the price for Mizo'miih's release. Although the strange collar remains around her neck to this day, the young cat Animagius doesn't feel trapped. Ame has become more like a friend than a master, and Mizo'miih doesn't mind serving her. Besides, she gets to see the city.

Other: Mizo'miih believes her relationship with Ame to be much friendlier than it actually is. She thinks Ame to be a good friend and would do just about anything for her.
Avelyn
Avelyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down